A corporate name name/title used as a locally devised series added entry. Use when the added entry form of a series is different from that in the corresponding series statement. An 897 field is usually justified by a series statement (field 490) or a general note (field 500) relating to the series. For reproductions, it may be justified by a series statement in field 533 (Reproduction Note), subfield ‡f.
Corporate names are the names of agencies, associations, businesses, firms, governments, institutions, nonprofit enterprises, performing groups, etc. Use for the following types of corporate names:
- Organized bodies entered directly under their own names
- Organized bodies entered under names of political jurisdictions
- Political jurisdictions standing alone
- Special corporate names, such as names of abbeys, cathedrals, churches, denominations, monasteries, missions, musical groups, parishes, priories, programs, studies and vessels (e.g., Catholic Church, Dire Straits (Musical group), Monasterio Las Descalzas (Lima, Peru), New York Philharmonic, or Writers' Program)
- Names of conferences, conventions, exhibitions, expeditions, festivals and meetings entered indirectly, that is, under the name of a corporate body (e.g., Labour Party (Great Britain). Conference)
See the Input Standards table for a list of indicator values and subfields and field 110 for instructions and additional examples.