Developer-level access to information in the Worldcat Registry: a free global directory for libraries, consortia, archives and museums. (http://www.worldcat.org/registry/institutions)
- Status: Production
- Sandbox access: Yes
What you get
- Information about libraries, consortia, archives and museums
- Definitions for institutional identities, services, relationships, contacts and other key data
- Ability to use and find identifiers such as WorldCat Registry ID, OCLC symbol, MARC Organization Code, SAN, NCES, Australian National Union Catalog, New Zealand Library Symbol, International Standard Identifier for Libraries (ISIL)
- Search for basic information about institutions and consortia based on a variety of information in their WorldCat Registry Profile
- Retrieve OpenURL resolver information based on Institution ID, OCLC Symbol, or IP address
Who can use it
WorldCat Registry is available to anyone for non-commercial use.
Commercial partnerships are also available.
We are working towards applying a CC0 license to results obtained via read access to the WorldCat Registry RDF Interface and will update this page when that process is complete. The service is available for use in the interim.
We are working to finalize the terms and conditions for write access to the WorldCat Registry RDF Interface and will update this page when that process is complete.
Authentication & Authorization
Most Read Access does not require authentication. However, the Find a Library operation uses WSKey Lite. Additionally, all write access requires using the Web Service Key HMAC Signature or Access Token patterns for authentication.