To begin using an ISO ILL system with OCLC ILL, a library needs to purchase or build an ISO ILL compliant system that is able to interact with OCLC ILL. Interoperability testing is a critical component of your move to ISO ILL.
- If you purchase an ISO ILL compliant system, contact customer support to test your ISO ILL installation.
- If you build your own ISO ILL system, follow the instructions below to arrange testing of your system with OCLC ILL.
- If you are a vendor ready to test with OCLC's system, contact ISOILL_Vendor_Interop@oclc.org to set up APDU testing in Test Environment G.
OCLC asks vendors to test with OCLC ILL during their system development process. First, the vendor sends ILL messages known as APDUs (Application Protocol Data Units) to a closed testing environment to verify our two systems can properly exchange the data. Then they exchange ILL requests in the OCLC ILL service production environment following ILL workflow test scenarios. When testing is completed successfully, OCLC profiles and implement member libraries that have purchased the system as ISO ILL libraries.
Libraries building their own systems
When you have installed and learned to use your ISO ILL system, contact ISOILL_Interop@oclc.org to schedule profiling and interoperability testing.
Include the following information in your request:
- Institution name and OCLC symbol
- OCLC regional service provider
- ISO ILL system name and version number
- The role(s) you want to implement (Borrower and/or Lender)
- Host domain name and port for the server—if implementing lender role.
- Name, e-mail, and phone number of contact person
Current testing status
Last revised: 21 June 2013
|Vendor||System||Version||APDU exchange |
in Test System
|Final testing in |
|Relais||Relais Enterprise||4.6 MR2||Completed||Completed July 2006|
|Ex Libris||Aleph 500 ILL||16||Completed||Completed Jan 2006|
|Dynix||Resource Sharing System||3.1.1||Completed||On hold|
|Fretwell-Downing||Virtual Document Xchange||2261.0||Completed||Completed May 2001|
|The Library Corporation||Library.Request||3. 5||Completed||Completed May 2001|
|National Institute of Informatics (Japan)||NII||Unknown||Completed||Completed Dec. 2001|
|Infotrieve||ContentSCM||3.7||Completed||Completed July 2010|
|Auto-Graphics||AGent Resource Sharing||3.0||Completed||Completed Dec. 2007|
This information is provided to assist OCLC member libraries in their evaluation of 3rd party software; OCLC does not endorse any specific vendor nor does inclusion of a vendor's product on this list imply a guarantee of interoperability. Because both OCLC and vendors are continually modifying their software offerings libraries considering ISO ILL compliant systems are encouraged to verify that the current release of the software has been tested with OCLC ILL.