WorldCat Collection Sets at a glance
WorldCat Collection Sets save you the trouble of cataloging newly purchased sets of microform, nonmicroform, and electronic content by providing you a matching set of complete MARC bibliographic records ready to load into your local catalog.
- Save time and money by downloading precataloged records rather than having staff catalog items individually
- Make your collections available more quickly to users and resource sharing libraries around the world
- Increase use of new and existing materials such as microfilm, microfiche and electronic resources
- Precataloged records readily available for high-demand content collections
- Your library’s holding symbol is automatically set in WorldCat
- New sets added continuously
To contribute a collection set your staff has cataloged, your library must be an OCLC member institution.
You do not have to be an OCLC member library to purchase WorldCat Collection Sets.
- Contract Cataloging offers materials cataloging to libraries of any size in all formats
- Bibliographic Record Notification helps you reduce your catalog maintenance by automatically receiving upgraded catalog records