WorldCat Collection Sets at a glance
WorldCat Collection Sets was discontinued on September 30, 2014. Some sets have been migrated to our WorldCat knowledge base with ongoing record updates delivered via WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager. This list contains the library-created electronic sets that are in the WorldCat knowledge base and those that are not. Please refer to the tabs in the spreadsheet to determine the appropriate list to review.
- Microform, Non-Microform, and library-created Electronic Collection Sets are no longer available via WorldCat Collection Sets
- OCLC-created Electronic Collection Sets migration to the WorldCat knowledge base will happen on a scheduled basis beginning in September and lasting through December 2014
- If your institution has not yet been provisioned for WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager and the WorldCat knowledge base, please request access to WorldShare Metadata
WorldCat Collection Sets save you the trouble of cataloging newly purchased sets of electronic content by providing you a matching set of complete MARC bibliographic records ready to load into your local catalog.
- Save time and money by downloading precataloged records rather than having staff catalog items individually
- Make your collections available more quickly to users and resource sharing libraries around the world
- Increase use of new and existing materials for electronic resources
- Over 800 Electronic Collection Sets are available
- Precataloged records readily available for high-demand content collections
- Your library’s holding symbol is automatically set in WorldCat
- New sets added continuously
- Contract Cataloging offers materials cataloging to libraries of any size in all formats