Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
09 September 2014
WorldCat Discovery Services enable people to discover more than 1.5 billion electronic, digital and physical resources in your library and libraries around the world through a single search.
11 September 2014 - 12 September 2014
Visit the OCLC booth and meet with your cooperative colleagues.
- Location: Portland , Oregon
- Venue: Portland Community College
17 September 2014
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multi-volume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free libraries from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and their community.
23 September 2014
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
- Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling libraries to generate a pull list on demand.
- Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.
This list includes all OCLC Research events that are open to the public. An all-inclusive list of OCLC Research events, including events exclusively for OCLC Research Library Partners, as well as recent events and outputs, is available on the OCLC Research events page.
There are currently no upcoming OCLC Research events.
WebJunction webinars are live audiovisual programs that are conducted online via WebEx web conferencing. Anyone who has an Internet connection can participate, listening to the audio broadcast through speakers or headset, or via phone. These free events allow you to meet and learn from library leaders and fellow library practitioners, primarily working in public libraries. WebJunction's webinars are generously supported by our state library partners. To view archives of past WebJunction webinars, please visit: WebJunction Event Archives.
No events scheduled