OCLC WorldShare™ License Manager
Manage your licensed and electronic resources
The OCLC WorldShare™ License Manager service consolidates link resolution, subscriptions, access, licenses, and vendor and rights management to enable Webscale management, discovery and delivery of licensed and electronic resources. Built on the WorldCat knowledge base, the service combines OpenURL resolution and full-featured license and subscription management in a single service.
The License Manager also includes a globally maintained vendor information center and breakthrough, sharable and editable "license templates" for global management of public and shared licensing terms.
Electronic resource management can be complex and frustrating, especially while trying to maintain a comprehensive collection:
- Separate systems (from file cabinets to specialized sophisticated software) can be expensive and often don't interoperate with existing management systems.
- Disparate workflows for subscription management, license information storage, link resolution and setting of holdings are inefficient and require duplicative work and metadata management.
- Discovery and delivery of print and digital materials via multiple interfaces is confusing to library users.
- Inaccessible or misunderstood resource sharing arrangements can result in inefficient and expensive workflows.
- The library community misses the opportunity to collaborate in this emerging field—with common and shared data and services.
“The way I'd describe OCLC License Manager is it's a purpose-built license manager. It's an ERM that streamlines workflow.”
Elliot Polak, Head of Library Technology
08 January 2014
During this one-hour demonstration in the live WorldShare® platform, you’ll see WorldShare Management Services in action. We'll give you ideas on how to simplify library management workflows and improve discovery and access for your library’s e-collections, including databases, e-books, e-journal packages and open access collections.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time [UTC -5]