Global Council Election 2013: Call for Nominations
The OCLC EMEA Regional Council is seeking nominations to stand for Open Delegate Positions to represent OCLC EMEA member institutions at OCLC Global Council.
There are five open positions and nominations need to be submitted by 7 December 2012. Potential candidates may be nominated by a leader from an OCLC member institution in their own country, or self-nominated. You will need your OCLC symbol to submit your nomination, as well as the OCLC symbol of the individual you are nominating.
What Makes a Good Delegate?
Would you like to join the EMEARC Executive Committee and represent OCLC EMEA at OCLC Global Council? Here’s a checklist of the qualities that make a good Delegate:
- Hold a leadership position in an OCLC EMEA member institution
- Understand OCLC’s mission and vision
- Experience of membership bodies and organisations / consortia
- Understand current developments impacting libraries
- Hold a vision for the future of libraries
- Active in national / international conferences, meetings, committees
- Strong communication skills in English
- Able and willing to share experience (verbal, written, social media)
- Interested in learning about different environments, cultures, experiences
- Able to commit to meetings, networking, teleconferences, travel
Did you tick several boxes?
Then consider standing for election as a delegate – for more information contact Janet Lees , OCLC EMEA Community Liaisonjanet.email@example.com
You can find out more about becoming an OCLC Global council delegate and how to vote for your library from the Members Update.