Terminologies Service support
The Terminologies Service provides access to multiple controlled vocabularies to help you create consistent metadata for your library, museum, or archive collections.
- Creates consistent metadata with searching, copy and paste functionality
- Improves access to materials by adding subject and genre search access
- Increases productivity by reducing the need to learn multiple thesauri
- Eliminates the need for manual referencing of hard copy thesauri
- Provides faster, easier access to multiple thesauri
- Provides brief description and cross searching of thesauri
- Supports existing cataloging subscription—can be integrated into a variety of metadata editors including Connexion and others, and can be used as a standalone service with CONTENTdm
- Use to assign descriptive metadata to aid in the discovery of materials
Already have a Cataloging Subscription?
The How to get started tutorial demonstrates the installation and setup of the OCLC Terminologies Service. Other online tutorials show how to search the thesauri and use the edit features.
Need assistance for the Terminologies Service?