OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan support
OCLC WorldShare® Interlibrary Loan is a new service that replaces WorldCat Resource Sharing, as part of libraries' existing subscriptions. The service centralizes workflows and provides functionality that speeds fulfillment of interlibrary loan requests to save time for library staff and library users.
Before you begin...
Learn how to prepare for your use of WorldShare Interlibrary Loan.
Step 1: Establish new user accounts
Before you log on to WorldShare Interlibrary Loan for the first time, you must set up a new OCLC user account for interlibrary loan. This new account will replace the 9-digit authorization number and password you currently use to access WorldCat Resource Sharing.
The new OCLC account is a single account that will give you access to several services in the new platform. If you already use WMS, WorldShare Collection Manager or WorldShare License Manager, you may have already created an OCLC Services account. You will now need to add the new WorldShare ILL permissions to that existing account instead of creating a completely new, separate account. If you need assistance please contact OCLC support and we can help you set up your new account.
The OCLC Services account also offers self-management of your staff members’ passwords. OCLC will not have access to your password for security reasons. If you forget your password, you may click Reset Password at the bottom of the logon page.
Step 2: Get Training
See all WorldShare ILL training.
WorldShare ILL tutorials:
- WorldShare ILL Migration Overview
- WorldShare ILL Preview
- Create Your WorldShare ILL Account
- Manage and Create User Names in WorldShare ILL
- Creating and Editing Constant Data
- Update Constant Data for WorldShare ILL in the WorldCat Services Administrative Module
- Preparing for Variable Lender Aging in WorldShare ILL
Services for Borrowers and Lenders
Additional Account Management videos
- How to Create a Loan Request
- How to Create a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Borrower
- Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths
- Receiving Requests
- Renewing Requests
- Responding to Conditionals
- Returning Requests
- New for Review Requests
- Batch Processing Requests
- Purchase Requests
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Borrowing
- Batch Processing as a Lender
- Respond Yes to a Loan Request
- Respond Yes to a Copy Request
- Using IFM as a Lender
- Respond No to a Request
- Respond Conditional to a Request
- Respond to a Renewal Request
- Complete and Check-in a Loan request
- Change Request Type
- Open Access Fulfillment
Exceptions when Lending
Step 3: Get documentation
See the documentation page for valuable resources, now available in several languages.
Administrative settings for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan, such as constant data and custom holdings, are maintained in OCLC Service Configuration. Please check your settings under the WorldShare ILL module.
Configure your constant data records
Constant data is a time-saving tool for both borrowers and lenders. With it, you can create data records for your library that can be used to simplify and streamline data entry on interlibrary loan requests and workforms.
- Further information about constant data can be found here.
- Documentation: OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan: Constant Data.
Set custom holdings paths and groups
For effective borrowing, set custom holdings paths and groups quickly, to automatically identify potential lenders and route requests based on your library’s preferred lenders.
- Training session: Custom Holdings on WorldShare ILL
- Tutorial: Creating and Editing Custom Holdings Groups and Paths in WorldShare ILL
Need assistance for WorldShare Interlibrary Loan?
Latest Resource Sharing and Delivery news