WorldShare® Record Manager
OCLC is pleased to offer a variety of WorldShare® Metadata Record Manager training, in both instructor-led and tutorial formats. As part of our commitment to controlling costs and providing value for our members, this training is offered for free to users of the service.
PLEASE NOTE: This training is not intended for Connexion or CatExpress users whose libraries do not subscribe to WMS, as you do not currently have access to this interface. Visit our Connexion Browser, Connexion Client, or CatExpress training pages for access to free training resources
- WorldShare Record Manager: Start Here
- Creating and Editing Local Holdings Records
- Searching WorldCat in WorldShare Record Manager
- Editing Bibliographic Data in WorldShare Record Manager
- Policies for Adding Original Records to WorldCat
- Policies for Replacing WorldCat Records
- Record Manager Post-Release Update session
- Introduction to WorldCat, MARC, and OCLC Cataloging Interfaces
- Create Your WorldShare Metadata Account
- Introduction to Record Manager
- Editing Bibliographic data in Record Manager
- Editing Local Holding Records in Record Manager
- Local Bibliographic Data in Record Manager
- Original Records in Record Manager
- Control Headings in Record Manager
- MARC Bibliographic Basics
22 October 2014
This training covers how to use WorldShare® Metadata Record Manager to edit and replace WorldCat master records, create original WorldCat records, and create and edit Local Bibliographic Data (LBD)
12 November 2014
This instructor-led online session explores the similarities and differences between Connexion browser and WorldShare Record Manager, as well as explains the Connexion to Record Manager migration plan.
17 November 2014
This instructor-led online course will enable the learner to successfully perform basic, advanced and expert searches in WorldCat®.
18 November 2014
This instructor-led online course covers how to use Record Manager to edit existing WorldCat records, create original WorldCat records, export bibliographic records, and maintain holdings.
20 November 2014
This instructor-led online course covers how to use Record Manager to create, edit and delete local holdings records.