Single-search access to 1.138 billion items from your library and the world's library collections
“The great advantage of WorldCat Local is that it makes a huge amount of resources readily available in one search—in one place—and offers quality information to the user.”
Gregg A. Silvis, Assistant Director for Library Computing Systems
University of Delaware Library, Newark, DE, USA
WorldCat Local is a webscale discovery solution that delivers single-search-box access to more than 1.138 billion items from your library and the world's library collections. You'll find:
- 813+ million articles with one-click access to full text
- 37+ million digital items from trusted sources like Google Books, OAIster and HathiTrust
- 14+ million eBooks from leading aggregators and publishers
- 48+ million pieces of evaluative content (Tables of Contents, cover art, summaries, etc.) included at no additional charge
- 232+ million books in libraries worldwide
Your WorldCat Local service gets users the results they're looking for and then connects them right to local, group and global resources through the services you already provide. It also gives your library visibility on the Web through the cooperative's partnerships with leading search engines, social networking services and other popular sites.
WorldCat Local lets people explore the full breadth of resources your library provides in a single, streamlined search experience. Once they identify the items they need, integration with your library's delivery options lets users get to those resources quickly and easily.
WorldCat Local "quick start"
Libraries with holdings in WorldCat and a subscription to WorldCat on FirstSearch can take the first step toward WorldCat Local at no additional charge by implementing WorldCat Local "quick start".
Watch this space for Worldcat Local events.