With WorldShare Metadata, you can:
Does your staff support multiple workflows for your electronic materials? Is incomplete metadata disrupting your users’ discovery experience? WorldShare Metadata addresses these metadata management concerns as well as the those related to managing collections of print materials.
With WorldShare Metadata, you can:
- Streamline metadata workflows across electronic and print collections
- Register, manage, create and share electronic collections using the WorldCat knowledge base
- Automatically maintain WorldCat holdings and receive WorldCat MARC records with ongoing updates, including URL changes
- Manage demand-driven acquisitions (DDA) collections
Here’s how it works:
- One-time setup:
- Request WorldShare Metadata
- Activate WorldCat holdings option
- Define the preferred MARC record editing options
- Register your collections
- Automatically (one-time and/or ongoing):
- Maintain WorldCat holdings
- Get MARC records and detailed reports delivered
- Staff loads records to your local catalog and other discovery tools.
As a result, users have better access to your library’s collection and your staff gains time for other priorities.
WorldShare Metadata lets you:
- Create and enrich existing WorldCat records
- Set and delete WorldCat holdings
- Manage local holdings records (LHRs) and local bibliographic data (LBD)
- Save in-progress bibliographic records for later use
- Search and display Library of Congress authority records
- Incorporate auto-suggested FAST subject headings.
- Export bibliographic records via TCP/IP connection to your local system
- Link to the RDA Toolkit via IP authentication
Watch a brief introduction video to learn how to manage records in WorldShare Metadata as well as help familiarize you with the interface and its purpose.
The current release of WorldShare Metadata complements functionality available in Connexion®. OCLC will continue to enhance WorldShare Metadata over the next few years to further streamline metadata management and enhance discoverability of your library’s materials.
Note to OCLC cataloging subscribers: Record management functionality will be available to early adopters during the second half of 2014. There is no end of life date for Connexion and additional migration information will be available at a later time.
The WorldCat Metadata API was created in response to member library requests. Librarians and developers can use this Metadata API to build and share solutions that streamline and enhance their local library workflows. It can be integrated into existing systems or used to build new applications. With the Metadata API, you can:
- Integrate WorldCat Metadata with library and partner-built applications, such as MarcEdit
- Add and enrich WorldCat records, holdings and local bibliographic data
- Innovate, build and share new library solutions.
Visit the OCLC Developer Network for additional information on the WorldCat Metadata API.
There are no recent past events for WorldShare Metadata.
Sign up for news and updates on cataloging and metadata.
Would you like to subscribe to other OCLC e-mails or provide more information on your profile? Providing more information now will make sure you receive the OCLC news that matters most to you.
A message has been sent to your e-mail address. Please follow the link in that e-mail to the page where you can edit your preferences. This is done to ensure that only you can edit your e-mail preferences.