Get together with the OCLC cooperative online and in person. Our meetings, events and programs for the global library community are all designed to help you stay current with the trends and developments in the technology and information landscape. Our events calendar contains a master list of our activities worldwide. We also issue announcements and news releases to our members and the media, as well as publish reports, regional newsletters and a member magazine.
23 September 2014
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
- Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling libraries to generate a pull list on demand.
- Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
24 September 2014
During this session, you will learn how:
- Member collaboration and cooperation is paving the way for the library of the future
- WorldShare® Management Services engage member libraries to advise on product development
- Librarians can comprehensively and cost-effectively manage workflows.
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
29 September 2014
Join your colleagues for a day of robust discussions about the OCLC services you use.
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, North America [UTC -4]
Mary Sauer-Games, an established executive with extensive experience developing and launching successful new products in the digital publishing industry, has been named Vice President of Product Management at OCLC. She will be responsible for OCLC pr...
The VIAF Council (VIAFC) held its Annual Meeting on 15 August 2014 during the IFLA World Library and Information Congress in Lyon, France.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services has awarded OCLC a grant to continue work helping libraries support health information initiatives in their communities.